2 Minute Read
It’s no secret that proposal writing is a critical business function, but many integrators don’t think enough about the proposal presentation. The proposal turnaround time, professionalism, and attention to detail set the tone for what a client can expect when working with you.
D-Tools works with hundreds of companies each year who share the common goal of delivering better proposals. Here are 6 recommendations for gaining the competitive edge, and making it easy for clients to choose YOU.
1. Make it timely – When a potential client starts looking at electronic system solutions, the clock is already ticking, and you have a small window of opportunity to win their business. By the time they contact you, most clients are in decision-making mode and anxious to check it off and move on to the next item on the list. A quick turnaround is paramount! Delivering a timely, professional proposal illustrates your responsiveness to their needs, often a key factor in their decision.
Compiling all the sections needed can be time consuming (e.g. cover page, project description, service contract, terms and conditions). Creating proposal templates automates the process and allows for expedient proposal turnarounds.
2. Why you? – Shine a spotlight on your credentials, brand differentiation and core values. The proposal is the ideal time to flex your muscles and separate the wheat from the chaff. What do you have to offer that the other guys can’t? Why is your company the obvious choice?
Your company profile, project gallery, testimonials and social proof are examples of a credentials pitch. Even upload video testimonials and project walkthroughs. D-Tools Cloud’s multimedia proposals allow you to go beyond the printed page with impactful content that engages the client in ways that the conventional proposal never will.
3. Project description – Clearly define the project’s requirements and the means by which you plan to deliver on those expectations. Present a scope that is concise, easy to read, and easy to understand (in contrast to the mumbo jumbo they receive from other “techie” contractors).
Creating a global project description template that you can use repeatedly really expedites building a scope of work (see above). Simply remove parts that don’t apply, make some quick tweaks, and voila! So much easier than building system descriptions from scratch.
4. Provide options – People like choices. Empower your clients to design their own system and set their own price from within the proposal.
Speed up the decision-making process by offering optional products, locations, and systems so clients can make their choices and sign on the dotted line…while your competition is mired in a painfully slow sales process involving the conventional back and forth of proposal revisions.
5. Visual documentation – Did you know that 65% of people are visual learners? Visual information is key and plays an important role in the rate at which we process information. Research shows that images are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text.
D-Tools Cloud visual quoting offers an approach that is not only efficient, but visually appealing. Simply upload a floor plan and stamp product icons in place to create your quote. As icons are added to the floor plan, products, accessories, and labor, all with their associated pricing, are added to the bill of materials.
6. Electronic acceptance – Is your company easy to do business with? E-signature approvals and electronic payments are expected in this day and age. Don’t disappoint.
Along with e-signatures, D-Tools enables payments to be processed, making life easier for the client, and improving cash flow for your business.
Let D-Tools Cloud improve your proposal throughput and take your business to new heights. Register for this month's webinar to continue the conversation.